RCE-East Midlands Conference 2018
In early March 2018 Leicester City Council hosted a regional conference entitled ‘Creating Young Leaders in Sustainable Development’. This conference enabled practitioners to support learners to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to promote sustainable development (Global Goal 4.7).
The conference was a combination of workshops and activities to inspire and engage. There were many opportunities to network, link research to practice and share your own knowledge and expertise.
The event was attended by organisations from all over the UK as well as Leicester groups including the NYA, John Muir Award, University of Leicester and De Montfort University, Water Explorers and South Derbyshire Environmental Education.
The conference was kindly opened by Professor Justin Dillon, Professor of science and environmental education at the University of Exeter and closed with a Q & A session. Lunch was provided by the Real Junk Food Project and was excellent, as always!
Organisations represented included:
- Big Stop!
- DMU - Sustainability
- Earthwatch Education
- East of England
- Food for Life and Soil Association
- Global Learning Library/LMLG
- Jane Goodall’s Roots and Shoots Programme
- John Muir Award
- Leicester City Council/DMU
- Less CO2 - Ashden
- Oral Health, Leicester City Council
- Polli:Nation Schools (stall run by Willowbank Children’s Hospital School)
- Practical Action
- Sandfield Close Primary School
- Primary School Science Trust
- Sustainable Schools Alliance
- South Derbyshire Education Centre
- University of Leicester
- University of Leicester - Botanical Gardens
- Water Explorers - Global Action Plan
Please consider the environment.