Keep up-to-date with what's happening at the council and in your school with all the latest news available here.
- Leicester first city in England to pilot local tracing operation
A pilot study will get under way in Leicester this week that will give the city council responsibility for tracing people who test positive for coronavirus but who prove to be difficult to contact.
- Schools’ commitment to staying Covid-safe praised by education chiefs
Education bosses across Leicester have praised the city’s schools for their work to keep staff and pupils safe during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Vital to follow rules on self-isolation, say local health bosses
Public health bosses are reminding people how vital it is to self-isolate if they are showing any symptoms of coronavirus.
- Winter support launched for families struggling during pandemic
Support and help offered by Leicester City Council to local families who are struggling to pay for essentials including household bills will get an extra boost this winter.
- More than £1m for Leicester to help boost active travel and make neighbourhood streets safer
Leicester City Council will be getting more than £1m to help boost active travel - such as walking and cycling – and to make residential streets quieter and safer.
- Kickstart scheme will help unemployed youngsters onto jobs ladder
Businesses across Leicester will be able to offer unemployed young people guaranteed jobs as part of a new scheme taking place in the city.
- Young people win national award for Quaranteens campaign
Young people from Leicester with experience of being in care have won a national award for supporting each other during the lockdown.
- Adventurer Ed Stafford visits Leicester school children
Adventurer and world record-holder Ed Stafford has been sharing tales of his epic Amazon trip with Leicester school children.
Please consider the environment.