eBikes for schools
In 2021, we promoted an active travel project for all schools. The scheme was aimed at getting school staff out of their cars and trying out an eBike.
- We bring you a fleet of 6 electric bikes with cycle bags and helmets on an agreed date & time
- We provide training for staff to help them use the e-bike
- We assist with an on-call option in case there are any issues.
- We give you a hire period of 4 weeks in total! eBikes are able to provide 15+ miles per full charge
- You provide time for 6 staff to participate in training – typically 1-2 hours in an afternoon on the same day that the bikes and equipment is delivered
- You provide safe and secure bike storage on site
- Participants engage with students and staff to discuss challenges and benefits of eBikes e.g. through an assemblies or workshop
- Provide feedback after the month.
- The cost is £45 per person or £270 for 6 bikes – this can be funded by school or individuals (paid via the school)
- Small grants available to cover this cost if likely to be a barrier
- Monday 12 April – Friday 7 May 2021
- Monday 10 May – Monday 7 June 2021 (including half term)
- Monday 14 June – Friday 9 July 2021
Please consider the environment.