Global goals showcase 2017
In September 2015, 193 world leaders agreed 17 global goals for sustainable development. If these Goals are completed, it would mean an end to extreme poverty, inequality and climate change by 2030!
Our governments have a plan to save our planet, but it’s our job to make sure they stick to it.
In Leicester we want to raise the profile of the global goals so that every student knows what they are and how they can contribute!
In May 2017, Leicester City Council’s Sustainable Schools team held a schools’ global goals celebration at City Hall in Leicester. Schools from across the city showcasing work which supported the global goals. Following the celebration, a week long showcase took place in the Highcross, Leicester.
The schools that participated were:
- Avenue Primary School
- St Paul’s Secondary Catholic School
- Kestrels' Field Primary School
- Sandfield Close Primary School
- Inglehurst Junior School
- Sparkenhoe Community Primary School
- Madani Girls School
- Medway Community Primary School
- Belgrave St Peters Primary School
- Christ the King Catholic School
- Glebelands Primary School
- Mayflower Primary School
- 8 Schools in the Bioblitz project
- 10 Schools that were part of the Leicestershire and Rutland Wildlife Trust project
- 10 Schools that were part of the Children’s Council recycling competition
Please consider the environment.