Service purpose / about us
Welcome to Leicester City Psychology Service. We are based at New Parks House, the service employs educational psychologists (EPs), assistant psychologists, mental health manager, bilingual support teacher/assistants and admin support.
The service works is organised around 3 strands of work:
- Settings attended by children aged 0 – 5
- Schools, colleges and FE
and is focused on children and young people who represent priorities for the local authority:
- Children and young people with complex special educational needs and/or disability
- Children and young people at risk of mental health difficulties
- Children and young people in care
- Children and young people involved in the youth justice system
- Pupils in danger of permanent exclusion from school
EPs work with children and young people from 0 to 25. They work in early years settings, schools, colleges, community settings and family homes. EPs have training in child development and psychology and work in partnership with parents/carers, setting/school staff and other professionals to support the development, learning and emotional well-being of children and young people.
All the EPs in the service are registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (the statutory regulatory body) and have undergone an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check to work with children and young people.
Further information about the service is available in our service handbook.
Our service aims
- To bring the Psychology Service’s professional knowledge and expertise to serve the best interests of children as they learn and develop as members of their schools, families and communities.
- To share, extend and develop psychological approaches which promote the effectiveness and emotional well-being of individuals, groups and organisations.
- To collaborate with others to provide and develop positive outcomes for children. Through assisting the local authority in serving their needs (eg, the Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Disability Strategic Plan).
Please consider the environment.