Leicester City Council has corporate parenting responsibilities for children in care and, like all parents, valuing and supporting children’s education is one of the most important contributions the council can make to their lives.
It is the role of the Virtual School to set high aspirations for these children to help achieve their full potential.
The virtual school does not exist in real terms, or in a building, children do not attend ‘the school’. They remain the responsibility of the school they are enrolled with. We are a statutory service that co-ordinates the educational services at a strategic and operational level.
What do we do?
- Champion the learning needs of all our young people whether they are educated within the city or at a distance
- Provide advice, support and training to professionals, schools, colleges and institutions
- Ensure they have the best possible education and every chance to realise their potential
- Offer personalised education plans and interventions to raise attainment and aspirations for the future
- Track progress and attendance to help target resources effectively
Send (local offer)
If a child you work with, or who you care for has a special educational need or disability (SEND) or you are looking for guidance and advice on a SEND please visit our local offer website.
Telephone: 0116 454 5007
Please consider the environment.