COVID-19 advice and resources for governing bodies
The following is a collection of advice, guidance and resources for governing bodies to use during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Department for Education
Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance for schools and other educational settings
Guidance and advice about coronavirus (COVID-19) in educational settings for staff, governing bodies, parents and carers, pupils and students
Preparing for the wider opening of schools from 1 June
A planning guide for primary school leaders to help prepare them to open their schools for more pupils during the coronavirus outbreak.
National Governance Association
The following information briefings are available on the COVID-19 resources page of the NGA website
- Information Briefing 6: 14.5.2020 – Guidance on carrying out the staff functions of the governing board
- Information briefing 5: 30.4.2020 – Supporting schools to deal with bereavement - appendix available via the NGA website
- Information briefing 4: 2.4.2020 – Safeguarding information for governing boards
Information briefings from prior to school closure announcement - although may still be useful to read:
Webinars on using Microsoft Teams for schools and governing bodies
The Governors for Schools recruitment service has produced two webinars on Microsoft Teams for schools and governors – these can be accessed via their website
- Guidance on conducting governing body business during COVID-19
- Essential items for governing body meetings
- 9 governance questions for Chairs and Clerks
- Remote interview guidance for schools
Please consider the environment.