There are many competitions for schools to participate in with an environmental focus.
Earth Day 2020 - Poetry Competition
We had some great entries for the Earth Day 2020 poetry competition on the theme of climate action. They were so good in fact we found it hard to choose the winners so we have three! They are:
- Dear 2055 by Florrie, aged 11 from Dovelands Primary.
- Climate Change by Afzal from Mayflower Primary
- Climate Change by Zaynah, aged 9 from Whitehall Primary
Thank you to all entrants. We really enjoyed reading them.
Grow Your Own Grub ‘Mealbarrow' competition **Cancelled until 2021**
Following the success of last year’s competition, the format of the Grow Your Own Grub ‘Mealbarrow’ competition will remain the same.
- Students need to design a 3-course menu (you don’t need to cook the menu)
- Grow at least 5 ingredients in the Mealbarrow (the crops don’t need to be ready to harvest when judged)
- Present the Mealbarrow at our showcase event which this year is at Abbey Pumping Station
There is a training twilight session on Thursday 12 March 2020 4.00-5.30pm
Pumpkin Garden competition
Our brand-new Pumpkin Garden competition will encourage students to grow pumpkins in the school grounds. There will be bonus points for how you use the squash and pumpkins as well as how you deal with the waste e.g. by composting.
For further information check out the flyers and information sheet in the attachments at the bottom of the page.
The deadline to enter both competitions is Friday 28 February 2020.
To participate please follow the links below.
Please consider the environment.